Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken Fajitas

We eat a lot of tacos, tostadas and fajitas at our house. Mainly because you can put pretty much any kind of meat in or on a shell and, for better or worse, call it dinner. Tonight we made chicken fajitas/burritos/tacos. They were awesome!

Chicken Fajitas

7-8 inch tortillas - you should use whole wheat. I didn't.
1 lb chicken breast
1 package McCormick Chicken Taco seasoning
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Lime and Garlic Salsa, or your favorite Salsa
Avocado

Cook the chicken according to the directions on the seasoning package. Assemble your fajitas according to your wildest dreams. I used a lot of salsa, and about 1/8 of the avocado. The salsa was so strong that I couldn't really taste the avocado, so I'd probably leave it out next time.
This ended up being about 300 calories, 7.9 grams of fat, 24.7 grams of carbs, 31 grams of protein and 3.6 grams of fiber. They were very filling!
The end result:


This was so easy and so good! What are some of your easy, go-to healthy recipes?

2 comments:

  1. I've been eating chicken fajitas all week - SO GOOD!!! I'm blanking on a recipe to share but if I think of one, I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish! Keep the healthy recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete