Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Beginning

I'm starting this new blog to try help motivate me get fit and lose weight. I will post my progress, recipes, tips, etc.


My goals for 2011 are:

Lose 20 pounds. This is the 20 pounds I lost in 2006/2007. I kept it off for awhile, but , as you can see from the before and after pictures below, after a few moves, getting married, and a new job, the weight is back with a vengeance!



Run a 5k in under 30 minutes - 15 pounds ago I was pretty close to this goal. I realize it's not super fast, but for me that 30 minutes is a huge mental block for me. Now that I'm heavier, I'm about 5 minutes away from this goal, which seems completely insurmountable.

Stop eating when I'm not hungry - I eat when I'm hungry. I also eat when I'm sad, lonely, happy, stressed, etc. You see the problem.

Drink more water, less Mountain Dew - I love Mountain Dew. Love it. It's the best. I dislike water. It's just not that good. But I realize I need it. I also realize that the artificial sweetener and caffeine in my diet Mountain Dew is not good for me.

So, any tips for me? Have you overcome any of these issues?

6 comments:

  1. I'm way excited about this blog!! :) If you ever want a guest post on dieting/weight loss, let me know. I just got done doing 25 sit ups, so I'm pretty much at trainer status.

    But for real, I need tips and am excited to get some from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want a guest post! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My internet isn't working, lol. I somehow deleted my comment. So here it is again. I would like to recommend Swai fish. It is pretty inexpensive and it is quite tasty. It is VERY low in calories. I broil it with garlic and olive oil. Stephen hasn't stopped talking about it since I made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittani, where do you buy that fish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fish we get is at Winco. But I do believe it is at Walmart and Sams Club. We seriously have it twice a week or more, lol

    ReplyDelete