Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bleu Cheese Turkey Burgers

I was going to take a picture of the final product, but I had a migraine and ended up asking my husband to make dinner. When he brought it to me it looked delicious, but my camera was on the other side of the house...and basically I was too lazy to go get it.

Anyway. Bleu Cheese Turkey Burgers:

1/8 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 hamburger bun (I choose a larger, whole wheat bun. I believe it had around 190 calories. You could definitely lower the calorie count by just using a smaller bun, but I'm trying to stay a little bit away from white flour, and this was the best I could come up with).
2 T Bleu Cheese
2 tomato slices
2 pickle slices
Ketchup
Mustard

Form the turkey in to a hamburger, and cook using whatever method you prefer. We used the George Forman Grill. 1/8 pound may seem like a really small patty, but this is the size of a kids patty at most fast food places. It really is enough. If you think you'll still be hungry, you can always make a 1/4 pound patty.
Assemble the burger. The great thing about bleu cheese is that it has a really strong flavor, so a little goes a long way.

Result: This was delicious. I told my husband I could eat this every night!
Calories: 337
Fat grams: 11.9
Protein grams: 21.3
Fiber: 1.5
Carbs: 35.4

One great tool I have found is:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

This will calculate the calories in any of your favorite recipes. It has been really helpful!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I'll have to try it sometime. I have a New Year's goal of trying a new recipe every week, and I keep meaning to post some of the best ones on my blog. I've been trying to choose recipes that are fairly healthy but tasty. This motivates me to get some of those up there...

    ReplyDelete